ADDITIONAL EXERCISES

Ex 1 Make these sentences plural.

1. They are just the people we need for the job. 2. The people who live in a glass house won’t throw a stones. 3. The rooms are light. 4. They are pretty women of thirty years old. 5. A geese are birds. 6. Puppies are little dogs. 7. Bears are large heavy wild animals with thick fur. 8. Women are busier than men. 9. There are deer on the hills. 10. Flies are insect. 11. Plays are interesting. 12. The children are playing in the yards. 13. The pictures are beautiful. 14. The radios are new. 15. The museums are closed today. 16. Leave messages at the desks of the hotels. 17. Ostriches are large African birds with a long neck and long legs that runs very fast but cannot fly. 18. The sheep are in the fields. 19. The leaves are green. 20. The roofs are leaking again. 21. The heroes are known. 22. The glasses are on the shelfs. 23. The feet are sore. 24. There are men in the rooms. 25. I have seen the fishes you caught. 26. These volcanoes are very active. 27. Cars are means of transport. 28. A ships are large boats carrying people or goods by sea.

Ex 2.Use the sentences in plural

1.The teachers are here.2. That boys are students.3. My friends are from America.4. The children are ready to go now. 5. These women are doctors.6. These books are very interesting.7. The children are in the yards.8. These pictures are beautiful.9.The yellow flowers are nice.10. These hotels are very expensive.11. My uncles have large flats.12. The policemen heard their voices.13. Those houses are new.14. The valleys are green and lovely.15. The boxes are heavy.

Ex. 3 Choose the right word (than or as):

1. These chairs are as comfortable as those ones. 2. This cartoon is funnier than that one. 3. The boy is as taller than his father. 4. The problem was more serious than we had expected. 5. I earn less mone than he does. 6. This exercise is more difficult than that one. 7. Is Jim taller thanTed? 8. Let’s go by train. It’s much cheaper than by plane. 9. Is the Atlantic Ocean as large as the Pacific Ocean? 10. The ice-cream was as delicious as the cake. 11. Our house is as big as yours. 12. We started earlier than you. 13. Better late than never. 14. The new cinema is bigger than the old one. 15. His work is as interesting as mine. 16. The party was as interesting as I had expected. 17. The boy is not as tall as his father.