Examination test

Exercise 1. Present Simple or Present Continuous?
1) (you/come) tonigh Did you come tonight?
2) (he/eat) rice every day? Is he eating rice every day?
3) I (work) at the moment. I am workingat the moment.
4) (he/come) to London often? Does he come to London often?
5) He (play) tennis now. He is playing tennis now.
6) (you/come) to the cinema later? Did you come to cinema later?
7) They (not/come) to the party tomorrow. They are not coming to the party tomorrow.
8) He (not/play) golf now. He is not playing golf now.
9) (you/play) tennis this Sunday? Do you play tennis this Sunday?
10) They (go) to a restaurant every Saturday. They are going to a restuarant every Saturday.
11) She (not/go) to the cinema very often. She is not going to the cinema often.
12) You usually (arrive) late. You usually arrive late.

Exercise 2. Past Simple or Past Continuous?
1) I (sit) in a cafe when you (call) . I was sitting in the cafewhen you were calling.
2) When you (arrive) at the party, who (be) there? When you arrived at the party, who was there?
3) Susie (watch) a film when she (hear) the noise. Susie was watching a film when she was hearing the noise.
4) Yesterday I (go) to the library, next I (have) a swim, later I (meet) Julie for coffee. Yesterday I went to the library, next I had a swim, later i met Juloefor cofee.
5) We (play) tennis when John (hurt) his ankle. We were playing tennis when John hurt his ankle.
6) What (they/do) at 10pm last night – it was really noisy? What were you doing at 10pm last night- it was really noisy?What they were doing at 10pm last night- it was really noisy.
7) He (take) a shower when the telephone (ring). He was taking a shower when the telephone rang .
8) When I (walk) into the room, everyone (work). When I walked into room, everyone was working.

Exercise 3. Fill in the correct form of the words in brackets
(comparative or superlative).

1. My house is (big) than yours. My house is bigger than yours.
  2. This flower is (beautiful) than that one. This flower is more beautiful than that one.
  3. This is the (most interesting) book I have ever read. This is the most interesting book I have ever read.
  4. Non-smokers usually live (long) than smokers. Non smokers usually live longer than smokers.
  5. Which animal is the (dangerous) animal in the world? Which is the most dangerous animal in the world?
  6. A holiday by the sea is (good) than a holiday in the
    mountains. A holiday by the sea is better than a holiday in the mountains.
  7. It is strange but often a coke is (expensive) than a beer. It is strange but often a coke is more expensive than a beer.
  8. Who is the (rich) woman on earth? Who isthe richest woman on earth?
  9. The weather this summer is even (bad) than last summer. The weatherthis summer is even worse than last summer.
  10. He was the (clever) thief of all. He was the most clever thief of all. Exercise 4. Match the words with their definitions
  11. A type of tourism when you travel to taste different cuisines. Food tourism
  12. A type of tourism when you go abroad to study. Educational tourism
  13. A type of tourism when you go to visit museums and different
  14. places. Cultural tourism
  15. A type of tourism when you go to different dangerous places. Extreme tourism.
  16. A type of tourism when you spend your time in resorts. Resort tourism
  17. A type of tourism when you visit different religious places. Religion tourism
  18. A type of tourism when you want to discover agriculture in
  19. the country. Agrotourism
  20. A type of tourism when you explore ecology in a certain
  21. territory. Ecotourism
  22. a. Agrotourism b. Religion tourism c. Ecotourism d. Resort
  23. tourism e. Cultural tourism f. Food tourism g.
  24. Educational tourism h. Extreme tourism Exercise 5. What is your favourite art and why? (8 sent. min.)
  25. My favourite type of art is painting. Painting can express an idea or a thought, beautiful view of nature and objects, memories and different emotions. It can also help to develop your creativity and imagination. However, with the advent of digital photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw, artists started using computers to make their paintings look more realistic. Nowdays many artists use 3D sofware.